Friday, December 09, 2005

Surprise!

Surprises are not always pleasant...sometimes they are perplexing. This is a truth that Berd found out this morning when he woke. He could do nothing but scratch his head and wonder how this could have happened. He is a confirmed bachelor and his only hobbies are knitting and hanging around looking silly. It is mysterious...stay tuned for clues.

Otherwise, things are heating up on the Christmas front. Shopping is on the agenda, as is baking cookies, wrapping presents and being ever so Christmas cheerful.
I will fight against using those evil credit cards, even if it means Christmas is smaller in some respect. I really do dislike this time of year, but, like Berd, I have made a decision to be thankful and cheerful for my husband and son's safety and sanity.

My Dear Son and I will be making a trip to the Angel Tree this evening. I am trying to teach him to be more giving and selfless, but I find that is a very difficult lesson for the only child of two working parents. He is fortunate to an unfortunate degree. It worries me.

Today is the last day of the arts and crafts festival and I will go and collect the remaining pieces of my stuff. I will update my success/failure rate in the next few days.

Stay cheerful...Christmas cheerful (that is approx. 37% more cheerful than your most 'dramatic cheerful' cheerful)

4 Comments:

Anonymous jeffrey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I hope your sales went well. Great illustration!

11:57 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

Thank you, aravis...
Hi, Jeffrey...
Sales weren't too good for anyone. I will not get discouraged...more A and C in June on the Capitol lawn.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Crafty Jacqui said...

Hi there, I am out searching for info on and found your site. I'm a fan of all crafts including and enjoyed your post. Good job.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home