Thursday, February 09, 2006

HE LIKES ME. HEY, MIKEY

My son, Michael, is a very sweet child (now, I say this with a little reservation at this time as he is going through some kind of anger stage - teeth gritting, fist clenching, low growling - scary, but I know we will work through it). At random moments through the day he will announce that he loves me. He has been doing this since he was very small (he is now 6) and just learning to talk (oh, those were the days).

Mom, I love you.

I love you, Mom.

Mom, you're the greatest mom in the whole world. I love you.

Sometimes this will happen several times an hour to the point where I don't return the sentiment, but just say "thank you, I appreciate that" or "ok". I even get hugs with the sentiment. But no kisses (I guess everyone has their line in the sand).

This morning was different. We left early for school to stop by the market for a box of chocolates for his teacher (ill-prepared, procastinating mom strikes again) and have a little breakfast out. During our pic nic breakfast in the car, Mike looks at me and says, "I like you".

He likes me. Mikey likes me. Mike loves me and likes me. How could life be better than that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Smedley P. Norton said...

Did you mean to leave a pun with the 'Life' reference?

6:30 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

Do you remember that commercial?

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home